The selected care worker will provide care and assistance in a domiciliary setting to persons who require additional support in activities of daily living.
Duties and Responsibilities
- assistance with bathing, dressing, daily grooming and feeding;
- assistance in medication administration;
- preparation of meals;
- perform household jobs like washing, laundry and shopping;
- monitoring the persons’ well-being;
- assisting in scheduling hospital/clinic appointments and accompanying clients if necessary;
- work with other health and social care professionals;
- encourage independent performance of activities of daily living.
Key Competencies, Knowledge, and Skills
- empathy and understanding
- a desire to help people
- the ability to work within a team
- patience and the ability to handle demanding situations
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- demonstrate a dynamic approach in doing things
- to be meticulous and pay attention to detail
- excellent verbal communication skills
- computer literate or able to carry out basic tasks on a hand-held device
- willingness and ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
Qualifications and Experience
- A recognized qualification in Health and Social Care at MQF Level 2 or 3 or an equivalent recognized MQF Level 2 or 3 qualification preferably in the field of social care;
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding of the English language is a must;
- Speaking and understanding the Maltese language will be considered an asset.
Clean Police Conduct
Full or Part-time basis.
The selected candidate will be expected to work on weekends, public holidays, night shifts, and live-in.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs and a covering letter to The Chief Executive Officer, Villa Anna Teresa 48, Birkirkara Hill, St Julians STJ1142. Applications may also be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.