Dementia Activity Day Centre
The Villa Anna Teresa Dementia Activity Day Centre provides support and friendship for persons living with dementia. The centre will operate on the basis that there are persons who now find themselves less able to go out unaccompanied but still have a desire to enjoy a day out, share a meal and join in activities which provide opportunity to spend quality time with others.
The Villa Anna Teresa Activity Day Centre will allow persons with dementia to continue to lead an active life by allowing for choice, control, independence and dignity through specially-designed therapeutic programmes, activities and events. Persons with dementia have many opportunities to contribute through activities that encourage self-esteem and self-fulfilment. We tailor our services to the person’s particular stage of dementia and incorporate activities and therapies designed to help alleviate the stress for families caring for their loved one.
Care and fun for your loved one.
- Respite for home-carers with flexible attendance from 1 hour to a whole day;
- Social & learning activities, games, and simple exercise;
- Personal care delivered within a controlled and safe environment;
- A full range of meals are available – breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and supper;
- A qualified and experienced management team, nurses and life assistants;
- A specially developed activities programme;
- Day outings for shopping, ferry trips, and afternoon drives;
- Cooking classes, men’s shed, and gardening facilities;
- Personal care including medication prompting, assistance with toileting, feeding, personal grooming, nails and hair care;
- Our Life Assistants are specially trained in providing the highest quality care to people living with dementia. Our deep understanding and techniques are aimed to promote independence.
A personalised care plan will be designed for your loved one and we will support several groups attending from independent persons to higher care needs.
Our team will be happy to discuss the services offered at our Dementia Activity Day Centre in more detail Contact us.